AM I JEALOUS OF THIEVES???


At the end of the day...when I look back 30-40 years from now and see what I've accomplished and what I've done to prosper in the world, one thing I will stand firm on is the fact that I took the road to help others and do right by other people. 

I seen some people I've encountered personally and others that I managed to dodge who make it a mission of theirs to get ahead by 'any means necessary'.  This "any means necessary" often includes being deceptive to other people and "slithering" into situations - probably because of lack of confidence in themselves that they could get ahead the "honest" way.

My grandmother passed away in June of this year and one thing I remember her saying was "to never be jealous of what someone has, because you never know how they got it".  That is a powerful quote right there.  All I see around me in 2011 are people who seem to be misguided about what is truly important.
People have such an obsession with the "finer things in life" that they often lose sight of the "priceless things in life".  

People who use manipulation, lies, and sneakiness to gain leverage in a situation, really don't understand how these things often backfire in the long scheme of things.  The gangster mastermind can never fully trust because of their own nature to be untrustworthy.  And what's the point of obtaining power and wealth and your peace of mind or soul is totally lost?  Doesn't make much sense to me honestly, but some people crave power so bad they will sacrifice anything to gain it.

I'll definitely listen to Grandma on this one -- why envy the person that knew they weren't talented enough to gain the world by just being...well...talented?  LOL

LOVE YOU GRANDMA.  ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects