Amel Larrieux Cries On Stage About Her Supportive Husband




Most people remember her as the ladybug from the 90s group, Groove Theory - Amel Larrieux.  She came to Washington, DC at Howard Theatre today for a performance that left me feeling like I was on Cloud 99 1/2.

Aside from my publicly admitting that I am a proud stalker of this beautiful singer and the fact that I was blown away by her classically trained, neo-soul mixed with a dash of hip-hop vocals, she had several messages during her show that hit home.

Watch the video:



When I was there assisting with engineering and production, I saw the way Amel and her husband/manager, Laru Larrieux (yes his first and last name are both pronounced the same) interacted with one another.  Laru was protective and very in sync with Amel when it came to what she needed.  He catered to the things she needed before her performance that would enable her to do her very best.  

What I saw wasn't a man being run by his famous wife - I saw a bond.  I saw a genuine connection and unity that strengthens Amel's success.  

How many of us have had a goal, a want, a need, or an interest that was shot down, belittled or ignored by someone who should have not only your back, but your best interest at heart?

Amel said one very true thing:  "You've got to have your TROOPER behind you".  That is REAL. When you have a combination of supportive people behind you and rooting for your success, the entire unit can thrive.  I can say I don't deal with too many people because unfortunately some folks I've entertained in the past were deadly to my progression.  You can't expect to stay motivated when you have naysayers and skeptics in your ear on a regular basis.  I don't care how much a person believes they are immune to it.  

NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH A SPOUSE, SIGNIFICANT OTHER, FRIEND, OR RELATIVE WHO WILL TRY TO CRUSH YOUR AMBITION OR YOUR SPIRIT.  IT'S ONE THING TO TELL YOU THINGS YOU NEED TO HEAR, BUT NOT IN A WAY THAT KILLS YOUR PASSION OR MAKES YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR HAVING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That's why it's important to choose that special someone wisely.  Amel is truly blessed.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects