ABUSED SLANG WORDS: PLEASE READ AND TAKE NOTES


RATCHET ---  Do you ever want to co-sign with somebody when they make a good point but because of how ignorant they said it you just change your mind?  That's how I feel when I usually see people use this word.  It's popular to say, YES...but sometimes the person doing the accusing sounds just as...well...RATCHET as the person they're insulting.  Hopefully I don't sound ratchet talking about this ratchet a** word.

SWAG ----  Okay, so most of us have seen that quote circulating Twitter and Facebook that said, "Swag isn't going to pay your bills".  And they are RIGHT, but I'm tired of the lamest, no-job, no goals, I'm the CEO of "Scratch-N-Sniff" Records, but I gotta wait for my Momma to get home so I can get a ride to my show tonight at Los Gatos Restaurant on the corner of 5th and Jackass Street" trying to say they are dripping of Swagu.  Huh?  Come again sir?  The only reason why you THINK you have swag is because of a girl who has no goals beside posing with her underclothes in the bathroom telling you you're sexy.  (BUZZER SOUNDS) Wrong answer Craig Wack.

THIRSTY --- This one irks me because it seems to be SOOOOO easy to call someone else out for their behavior but most of the people saying it either ARE or WERE the same exact person themselves.  Sometimes I feel like a word gets popular and then the young public tries to use the word in every other sentence.  Thirsty equals desperate in the urban dictionary right?  Well...it's hard for me to see a chick whose butt cheeks I can recognize better than her face talk about how another booty model is thirsty when sex is the basis of BOTH your talents.  I know though, jump offs are business women too, my bad. 

BASIC ---  This one has the same dynamic as the word "thirsty".  You usually have two "Hot Ghetto Mess Dot Com" members that won't look at themselves in the mirror.  They are calling each other basic about a bunch of nonsense that they are both too old to be dealing with.  And if you're not a hot ghetto mess yourself then you probably just use it too much in a damn sentence.  That's a violation too. (and note, I'm talking about people that ABUSE words...keyword: ABUSE not USE)

GRINDIN' --- SHUT YOUR COUCH LOVIN CHEEKS UP.  If you are "grinding", YOUR WORK WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF.  There isn't a need to prove anything with what you say.  Yeah, regular convo might have that word come up every once in a while, but broadcasting it means you feel you have something to prove.  And most people who feel they have something to prove know they are fakin' the funk.  Real grinders just work hard.  Period.

WIFEY --- I'll kick you in the throat with this one.  Yeah I said it.  And I think I get more pissed at the women who proudly accept this title because although it can be a very nice expression of love and commitment, it can also be a "dead end zone" for men who will give his main chick that label for the next 10 years.  And hey, some women are fine with being the wifey for 35 years and who am I to knock your hustle?  I just know that if I don't have the ring to seal our level of commitment and a story to tell about how he got down on one knee... I'M NOBODY'S WIFEY.  (folds arms)

HATERS --- People want haters so bad they figure if they talk about it long enough the haters will magically appear to make them look more important or envied.  This is something that is poison to the black community and I'm just going to be real with that one.  YES, haters exist but the biggest reason why they do is because nobody wants to take time to understand one another.  And most of the people who say they have haters on a regular basis are saying it INDIRECTLY.  Most people that talk about haters are really affected by them deep down.  Ol' sensitive, passive-aggressive a**. 

But seriously, all jokes aside...that list was meant to inspire a laugh or two, but I believe there are too many people out here who are in denial about their behavior.  And the only cure to this is to look in the mirror. 
And grown folks over 25...I hope that these words/expressions are kept to a minimum.  We seriously don't understand how we demote our appearance by talking recklessly (especially when we get with our friends, and have a drink or 5)  I'm not the convo police, but if you are a grown woman who has a friend talking about how she's the wifey of a full-time rapper that is grindin' and has so much swag with all these ratchet, thirsty bishes trying to get at him...you are not her damn friend if you don't tell her how "BASIC" she sounds.  I'm just sayin'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects