IS "LADY-LIKE" A THING OF THE PAST???



 Okay. I'm on Facebook. I'm on Twitter. I have been up and through the social networking situation left and right. Yes, I've been nosy like the rest of you (don't front) and more and more it seems to me like women believe that since it's 2011 and we have a voice in society now, that we should say whatever we want. "Freedom of Damn Speech" right???

I say women specifically because (call me old-fashioned but) I was raised to believe that women are naturally more nurturing. It bothers me that women sing the "I'mma Lady" song so quickly after they just finished talking like sailors that just got their eye poked out. Most of these ladybugs demand respect when they are subliminally disrespecting themselves at the same time.

And I know I'm not crazy when I see PLENTY OF MEN Tweeting and Facebooking that this behavior is very unattractive.

Appearances definitely do deceive too because I've seen some really attractive ladybugs (I mean that in the most heterosexual way possible) that have mouths that belong on a couple angry club bouncers that just broke up a fight.  Such a waste of a pretty face.

I feel like some women believe that their loose mouth is a badge of confidence and I believe that it's really more a badge of ignorance and insecurity. Yes, it's also a nasty habit for some women but you can tell who speaks foul because they're used to it compared to a woman who has no shame about it.

I do believe the old saying that swearing is a sign of poor vocabulary. YEP. SURE DO. BECAUSE WHEN I DID IT MYSELF (yeah this is the Doodlebug DIARY) my vocabulary back then needed some Jesus.

And it's just like Queen Latifah said in "U-N-I-T-Y", when she said:

"Now everybody knows there's exceptions to this rule, now don't be gettin' mad when we're playing it's cool..."

So yeah, I know that sometimes it's used for comedic purposes...(I'm not the curse word police) but some people don't even realize that they put themselves in a particular light when they talk like this. Then they'll be the same person pissed off for some guy talking to them like that.  Or they kid themselves into thinking they are considered "the cool chick who keeps it 100".  Ahem...no.  You're the chick who demotes your appearance by speaking like a savage.

And maybe I can chalk this up to my age because I'm 28 now, but when I was 18...19...even in my earlier 20's I had a lower standard for what I said and sadly enough what was said to me. I know even now I can't lie, I might slip up sometimes, but I try to be mindful that it's an awful habit and I'm a mother so I need to do better.

This isn't to bash anybody.  Nobody's perfect and like I said, my own lips aren't 100% free of french-style four letters...but it's not a habit anymore.   I'm hoping some ladybug will read this and say: yeah, I know I need to calm my words down a taste, instead of being in denial that it's a low standard for yourself when you do it all the time.
Go ahead and act like that don't sound like some of y'all.  LOL.  And that's exactly who you look like when your mouth starts to resemble a Porta-Potty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects