I Gave Her 5 Times to Piss Me Off...

For the most part, people start off with a very pleasant and clean slate with me when I first meet them - regardless of what i've heard about them.  I know that sounds very "politically correct" to say, but I usually try to build my own opinion of a person without biased information influencing me - mostly because people can lie and you never know who could be "hating" on who.

So, I was hosting an event and there was this "lady" (I'm saying lady like she's older than me...she's not) but she was a contributing speaker for the event and I was definitely looking forward to meeting her.  I began the event pronouncing her last name wrong and needless to say, I believe it set the tone for the rest of our brief exchanges we had there after.  I believe the problem I truly have (note the present tense) with this person is the fact that instead of taking the time to feel me out a little better, she treated me like she already had me figured out.  Have you ever encountered someone where you feel like they have pre-judged you and are already acting out what category they've subliminally put you in?  Well, I definitely felt the vibe from this woman and needless to say, I eventually gave her the "I will stab you in your pinky toe while you're sleep" face.  


I don't understand why people take common courtesy for granted.  Even if she initially met me thinking "who is this b#tch", I would think the mature way to engage me would have been in a manner that she would want to be addressed herself.  I could be absolutely ANYONE.  How does she know?  I could hold a key to a door she would like to have opened one day, but because she made the decision to stick her nose up in the air and express a subliminally negative attitude, the door would be locked by most people if they were in my position.   


It's a problem I usually see with people that have made some level of accomplishment - they put themselves on an imaginary pedestal.  The word is PRETENTIOUS.   CELEBRITIES that I've met with FAR more credentials and accomplishments have taken time to humble themselves for a friendly exchange with me, but a person who is still in most cases a "squirrel still trying to gather her nuts" places herself above me because of what?  Your guess is as good as mine.  


Anyone who truly knows me knows that I support talented and hard working individuals 1000% - ESPECIALLY if they represent the area that I am from (Washington, DC area also known to some as the "DMV").  I gave this person MULTIPLE TIMES to show me that she had the attitude of a good ass kicking recipient (I'm not violent, I swear lol) before I made up my mind to delete her from my long list of people whose mission I support.  Not like she needs me, but karma is a real thing for people whose representatives are a far cry from who they really are.  


Okay, I think I'm done venting about Cruella DeVille.  I think it wouldn't sting as much if I hadn't opened a door for her that she didn't even acknowledge me for - but that's when I try to remember that any time I lend a hand, referral, or any of the like, it really is because it's in my heart to help people as much as I can.  See, I tried to bring it back to love even though it would be nice to drop a 10 pound weight on her foot.  ((sings "Woo-sah" song now))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects