Review of "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned" at Warner Theatre



So last night was Day 2 of the "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned" play showing at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC.

Anddddd...

It was what you would expect (OBVIOUSLY) from Mr. Perry.  (I know, some of you love him...and others...not so much - but I'm assuming if you clicked on the damn blog post, you have some interest in him or the play sooooo ok!)

Patrice Lovely who played Hattie aka everybody's Mama, and she's also on the show "Love Thy Neighbor" was praying and poppin her butt cheeks at the same damn time.  She was hilarious tho.

Cheryl "Pepsii" Riley (Anita) did her thing too, but the gentleman playing her gold digging hubby?! (Ray Lavender as Victor)

((Warning: Ignorant Black Chick Moment))  GOOD GAWD WHY DOES TYLER PERRY TEMPETH ME WITH THESE MAN CANDY SHENANIGANS?!  -- THEN, he had a nerve to sing this song to Anita as he was convincing her to marry him.  I WILL have footage of this tomorrow (you know that uncontrollable Tourette's like twitch you get when the notes a singer hits is just THAT good?!) -- I needed a copy of his mixtape and if actors in plays don't have mixtapes, i'll be happy to stalk him like I do the Starbucks. ((Ignorant moment postponed for now))

One thing I DIDN'T like about the play was the fact that they only knew each other for a short period of time (a week) before they were tying the knot in Vegas.  I just felt like Tyler gets really over the top with detail that makes the plot non-believable at times.  I would have bought the storyline more if Victor was a dude she already knew and then the week long courtship would have seemed more life-like.  I guess I just don't have women in 2014 being that retarded to believe that this masculine creature of godliness would be so ready to settle down after one week to a middle-aged woman without there being a catch.  Not that middle-aged women can't pull 'em...don't shoot me or anything, but you know what the hell I'm saying.

You have money in the bank, so I would think you already have your checkbook pen full of ink for Cougar investments.  A man candy type guy at that?! Am I thinking too much into this?  If you saw my last post about being courted by a man's wallet, you would understand why I feel like most of the people in Anita's position would already be with the program and protective of her investments.  ((shrugs))

The most meaningful part (in my opinion) is this one thing that I can definitely say we all as God's children should take heed to.  Anita questioned God's presence in her life after she almost lost everything and the Pastor in the play said something that reinforced my own faith.

"The Devil wants you to focus on your circumstance, while God wants you to focus on HIS promise". The desires of our hearts.  When we go through things, we often come out of them smarter, better, more prepared for what is next to come.  Of course, some people have shorter times on Earth than others, but who is to say that the missing pieces to the puzzle aren't waiting for the next phase of life? (Anyway...not to go off topic)

WE SHOULD KNOW THAT OUR OBSTACLES ARE USUALLY STEPPING STONES OF THE PROCESS TO MAKE US BETTER.  I CAN PERSONALLY SAY THAT ALL OF THE TIMES I HAVE FALLEN, I LEARNED MANY THINGS THAT ADDED TO MY VALUE.

Of all my criticisms of Tyler Perry's material, one thing is for sure - I am eternally grateful for his punchlines.  They are inspiring and I believe there are so many people who benefit from being reminded of things that will help them to happily move forward.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects