FRIENDS FOR LIFE! (EVEN THOUGH WE ARE MARRIED...)



FOR MY MARRIED LOVEBUGS AND LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPS (QUESTION FOR YOU)



Do you believe you can have friends of the opposite sex as long as boundaries are respected within the friendship?  Or do you throw that friendship in the long-distance, I'll send you a postcard category out of respect for your mate?

I asked this because I get mixed reviews from people about whether friendships with taken members of the opposite sex (or your desired sex) is appropriate.

I'll get responses like:

"We can be friends and not cross any boundaries that would affect our intimate relationships"

OR

"HELL NO THEY CAN'T HAVE ANY DAMN FRIENDS, WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?  DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE SHOW FRIENDS AND DO I LOOK LIKE JENNIFER "GOT THE SHORT END OF THE STICK" ANISTON?  (people under 25 are like, huh?) 

OR

They can be friends as long as I'm just as good of a friend to them as my mate.  (THIS ONE I CAN PROBABLY ROCK WITH THE MOST I GUESS)


Honestly, I personally know people who talk that bestie BS but secretly would jump at a moment's notice to whisk off into the sunset if the opportunity presented itself.  I'm not saying that all people who could go there would, but damn it,  I DON'T PLAY THAT SH**!!!!!!!!  


I couldn't even pretend like I would be remotely comfortable with an attractive woman talking about how much of a "friend" she is to my man.  I'd be like, "oh reeeeeaaaally?!"  Does this look like the movie, "Brown Sugar" to you biatch?!   I try to store some "chill" up for rainy days when people piss me off, but I promise if I had started as a snotty nose kid collecting chill, I STILL wouldn't have enough at 31 to stop me from being Daniel Son at the end of the first Karate Kid.  

The only way i'd be cool with this is if I'm not attached and if we're not exclusive.  

((Pauses for about 20 seconds))  NAAAAAAAAA...I'm lying.  I'm stingy regardless.  If you kiss me on the forehead, we go together...EFF THAT!!! 


AND I DON'T SHARE.  (smiles)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects