Kyla Pratt Was Smart To Keep Her Privacy On Lock

"I just feel like that was something personal that I wanted to experience and enjoy myself. Especially with social media nowadays, people are able to reach you so easily and say what they want to say without any consequences. And when you’re pregnant, you’re hormonal, you have a lot of things going on. My fear was somebody saying something, and it really affecting me when it doesn’t really matter."
So when I announced I had a daughter, we got a lot of backlash, but I didn’t care. I had my baby. But when you’re pregnant, you don’t know what somebody’s gonna say or what’s gonna affect you or how you’re gonna feel. And I just felt like that was just something personal that… I loved my pregnancy! Every moment! I wasn’t hiding! You thought I was sitting in the house with the shades drawn? Like, no! I went to Disneyland eight months pregnant. I had a HUGE baby shower. I just had people around me who respect me and understand where I was coming from.
But I also feel like if I was to have another baby and if I had something to promote, I wouldn’t mind being on the red carpet to promote that. But I’m not just gonna be on the red carpet just to be on the red carpet. I’ve been in this business for a very long time, so getting attention is not something that excites me. So if I have something to promote or project to tell people about it, I’d have no problem walking around like, ‘Hey! Look at my bump!’ But if I was just chillin’, I’m just chillin’, enjoying mommyhood and decorating nurseries and stuff like that."  - Kyla Pratt

THIS is a great example of a person who LIVES the part instead of trying to LOOK the part.  It's the equivalent to people who go to an event and spend so much time snapping photos, but they aren't truly living in the moment.

For an actress like Kyla Pratt, I respect her decision to keep her pregancy sacred because most actors in her position would jump at the opportunity for extra press, TV show offers, magazine covers, etc.

The internet has that "Beauty and the Beast" dynamic.  A planet of beautiful disasters.  As many opportunities as you have to expose something you might want to share with the world, you also have this side where people come across like complete a**holes and throw up their gang signs behind the computer screens.

I remember how I used to react to seeing YouTube comments and it was so crazy to me how something as simple as a "dislike button" being available opened up a world of people who can't wait to verbally attack you for your opinion or creation.

It's just life in 2014 I guess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects