When Your Other Half Has The Family From Hell


I know a whole lot of somebodies who have either gone through this tragedy or who must face this harsh reality on a daily basis.

Now, the more committed you are in a relationship, the more you become attached to all the details that come with the person you're with.  And part of that attachment involves the ones that mean the most to the person you're with.

BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO WHEN THESE FOLK ACT LIKE RASPUTIA, MIXED WITH MADEA, MIXED WITH BRUH MAN FROM THE FIFTH FLOOR, MIXED WITH RODNEY (AKA SNOOP DOGG'S CHARACTER IN BABY BOY), MIXED WITH SWEET BROWN, MIXED WITH "WTF am I going to do w/ all these ni***s?"

Some people just become champions of the avoidance game and stay clear of dealing with them, but what if your other half gets pissed about the space you create?

I was dating a guy for a short time (four months or so), and before I grouped him in with his crazy ass family I came to a cookout they were having.  I promise on everything I love, it was like some shit out of "Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood".  First of all, between all his siblings, they have like 20 kids and hell no I'm not exaggerating.  So these monster midgets were around the house being kids and that was cool, until I saw that they were around all kinds of herbal essences, alcohol, talk about sex, somebody had on a movie they shouldn't be watching, and I think I saw one of the little 4 year olds parallel parking the neighborhood ice cream truck.  And the final straw was my friend's mom's angry ass boyfriend who was high off something you'd find in the auto shop yelling about everybody respecting him and his wife (that he never actually married) in his house that he pays no bills for.

Oldest sister (I can't make this shit up...well, maybe I can, but my mind isn't this ratchet, I promise) was downstairs having sex with her boyfriend and the mom decides to make a public service announcement about not going downstairs to disturb them and they would be up shortly.

So I don't know if y'all are wondering how fast I hauled ass out of there, but i'll just say my mind was stuck on the fact that this connection we had probably wasn't going to last.  Someone who had the balls to bring anyone besides Felicia from Friday into that bullshit was probably going to be about that same life after he got a little more comfortable.

But what do you do when you're already married?  It's a little easier to cut your losses when you're in the earlier stages of the love connection, but what if there's a family member who's homeless and on drugs?  Or is always getting into drama with their boyfriend/girlfriend or the police?

I feel like, the only way to compromise in a situation like this is to set CLEAR boundaries about whoever you're dealing with.  It needs to be established what your level of comfort is in the situation so all parties can agree on how to handle everything.  Situations like this can cause a great deal of conflict, but it won't go away by avoiding it.

Whoever may be in a situation like this, GOOD LUCK TO YOU because La Doodle chucked the deuces.  I was OOOOOUTTTTTTTT.  I might have stuck around with him if the apple wasn't growing from the same tree, but honestly I get gas whenever I think about it so yeah, I'm done with this story.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
DOODLEBUG DIARIES® © 2014 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects